The Police Rapid Attack Vest is designed for over-the-uniform wear, offering full front, back, side, neck and shoulder ballistic protection. Used by Police, Military and Special Forces and Civilians.
* Adjustable front closure design
* Area of ballistic coverage (large): 0.52m2 (1.70ft2)
* Adjustable sides
* Fixed ballistic shoulders
* Permanent helmet friendly neck protector (NECK PROTECTOR FOLDS DOWN or UP with velcro release.)
* Front and rear plate pockets
* Removable ballistic panels sealed in a water proof PVC bag
* Washable outer covers
Series Fabric Aerial Density*
Series A Aramid 7.0 (1.4)
* Based upon Level IIIA (See ourBALISTIC CHART)
Tan, Blue, Black, Olive Drab,Woodland camo
Small, Medium, Large, X Large, XX Large
National Institute of Justice (NIJ)*
IIA: Protects against 9mm FMJ and 40 S&W FMJ
II: Protects against 9mm FMJ and 357 Magnum JSP
IIIA: Protectsagainst 9mm FMJ and 44 Magnum SJHP
*In accordance with NIJ Standard IIIA.
Accessories not included
* Removable groin protector (see explanation below)
* Level III/IV armor plates
* Carrier bag
* Removable groin protector* * Groin Protectors will be the same color as the vest you order
Groin Protector . The Apron type, which is the option for this vest (can be selected in groin protection area)
Bullet proof plates? These plates are rated at Levels III and IV which are higher than Level IIIA. They are considered "hard" armor. If you are buying this vest for general use, you may not need these plates. If you are in involved in high threat situations.Plates are available for your highest protection. They are removable so you can equip your vest for either way. Level III protection includes AK47, other rifle fire, and all lower threats. Level IV will defeat Dragunov Sniper Rifle at 50 meters, 7.62 × 51mm NATO ball ammunition at 0 meters, and other rifle types. For front and back protection; order two plates. (For more detailed information, see our Ballistic Chart)
BULLET PROOF PLATE WEIGHTS:
Level III Steel: 6lbs - 2.7 kgs
Level III Ceramic: 7lbs - 3.1 kgs
Level IV Ceramic: 7lbs - 3.1kgs
There is a charge of $65.00 for sizes XL and above.
Why Do we charge extra? The material and fabrics used to make this vest are of the highest quality, unique and very expensive. The extra material used in the manufacture of the larger sizes requires us to recover that cost. Be assured, we are giving the best value we can.